Monday, March 16, 2009

Congratulations to BHS Bands

Congratulations to the BHS Bands for their performances at MSBOA Festival over the weekend. The Concert Band took straight IIs in performance and sight-reading, with slightly higher grades from the judges than last year. The Symphonic Band took its first overall I rating in some years, with two I ratings in performance, and a I in sight-reading!

I was very proud of all the students who attended, for putting in the time and careful rehearsal necessary, for giving up a Saturday to the time-vampire that is band, and for allowing me the pleasure of teaching them. What a great culmination for the Symphonic Band, too, after 7 Tuesday night rehearsals! Hard work pays off!

Of course, this now it makes us hungry for straight I ratings for both bands. Onward toward next year...

No comments: